There are so many things you can do with peppermint oil, and it smells great too. Find out here.
- 8 oz boiled water
- 2 drops lavender
- 1 drop roman chamomile
- 1 tsp raw honey
Mix together and enjoy. p
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 drop ginger
- 1 drop peppermint
- 1 drop wild orange
- 1 tsp honey
Mix together and enjoy.
- 4 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 1 cup (240ml) warm water
- 660g caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cups glucose syrup
- 2/3 cup water, extra
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
- 200g confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 35g (about 3 tablespoons) corn starch
Place the gelatin and warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer, stir well to combine and set aside. Place the sugar, glucose and extra water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring for 5-6 minutes or until soft ball stage (115ºC/240ºF) on a sugar thermometer.
With the mixer running at high speed, gradually add the hot syrup to the gelatin mixture. Add the lavender and beat for 10 minutes or until thick and fluffy. Pour into a lightly greased 25x35cm (10x14in) baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper, cover with lightly greased non-stick baking paper and refrigerate overnight (I used regular baking paper and oiled it very well).
Place the icing sugar and corn starch in a bowl and stir to combine. Turn the marshmallow onto a surface lightly dusted with a little of the icing sugar mixture and carefully remove the paper. Cut into 5cm (2in) squares – to make cutting easier, dip the knife in boiling water and wipe dry between each incision.
Dust with remaining icing sugar mixture and store in an airtight container
You can find this recipe here, it calls for lavender buds instead of essential oil.
Wild Orange and Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (or one 16 ounce can)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (or grassfed butter)
- 3 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Cinnamon essential oil
In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Stir together wet ingredients in a separate smaller mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this). Bake in a 400° oven for 16-22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
You can find this recipe here.
Mini Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint essential oils
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Frosting of choice-sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy cane pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, coconut milk, eggs and peppermint essential oils and blend thoroughly. Pour into greased cupcake pans. Regular size cupcakes bake for 18-20 minutes. Mini cupcakes bake about 9-10 minutes.
You can find this recipe here.
*Note: The rule of thumb is to add the oils toward the end of the simmering, baking or boiling process. The heat will evaporate the oils quickly; so in order to take advantage of the oils scent and flavor, adding them into the recipe at the last minutes prolongs the goodness.
Regular mouthwash can be made with chemicals and alcohol that may freshen breath in the short term, but kills the good bacteria in your mouth. Essential oils are a natural alternative without harmful side effects. Try this simple recipe:
- 5-10 drops of Wintergreen or Peppermint essential oil
- 2 cups filtered or distilled water
- Dark glass bottle (It preserves the oils and protects them from the effects of light)